Re: AfterStep and *BSD [ was Re: more wharf problems. ]

Phillip J. Rulon (rulon@meganet.net)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:11:49 -0400

Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> I've got a kludge that works! It uses recvfrom() with MSG_WAITALL|MSG_PEEK
> to get the command size, and to make sure the whole command line is in the
> pipe, and then loops without either until it gets it all. Would the
> developer list be a better forum to discuss this? Is that list
> operational? I subscribed last week, but I haven't yet gotten a single
> message.

Not really a kluge, loop on read 'till you get it all is kind of standard
for BSDish machines.  I went through this 10 years ago when I was working
on a multi-flavor network-parallel processing package.  I was going to
mention something up-thread but then I came to this post and figured the
problem was solved.

pjr

BTW, AS/Linux guy for years, new to the list.