Re: Netscape crash running Java

Derick Wong (derickwong@hotmail.com)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:44:24 MYT

>On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Derick Wong wrote:
>
> >My Netscape browser crashes everytime I access a website with Java
>applets
> >running.
> >
> >Sometimes my machine also shows the following error :
> >
> >X Error of failed request:
> >   BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
> >   Major opcode of failed request: 51 (X_SetFontPath)
> >   Value in failed request: 0x27
> >   Serial number of failed request: 7
> >   Current serial number in output stream: 9
> >
> >Is it my AfterStep or the OS? FYI, I'm using AfterStep 1.6.10 on SunOS
> >4.1.4.
>
>	Neither, it's Netscape and your jave handler.

But when I run Netscape browser from fvwm2 instead of AfterStep, it runs
fine.

I tried running Netscape browser using AfterStep through xterm manually, it
produces the following error:

dlopen: Stub interception failed
Bus error

Is this caused by the environment variable pointing to the wrong directory?