Re: AfterStep and *BSD [ was Re: more wharf problems. ]

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:37:47 +0200

On Tue, Jun 15, 1999 at 12:40:33AM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Phillip J. Rulon wrote:
>
> What I don't understand now is why it works presently, on any system.
> Since both writes and reads don't block, and can't lock, it's pure luck
> when a message gets through entire. Do linux users see "Resource
> temorarily unavailable", and "Module command is too big" errors in
> {.xsession, startx.log}? If not, why not? :)

I did get "Resource temporarily unavailable" a couple of times
on Solaris when trying to start up AfterStep. Mostly it is the
Animate (AFAIR) module that complains. In that case there ain't
much choice but to kill X and start AS all over again. I never
got around to seeing exactly why this was happening...

PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15