Re: Logging out

Michael Stenner (mstenner@phy.duke.edu)
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 11:59:36 -0400

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 04:56:26PM +0200, Stasinos Konstantopoulos wrote:
> Thomas Andres zei Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 04:46:03PM +0200 dat:
>
> > > Dtsession*wmStartupCommand /path/to/afterstep in my local
> > > .Xdefaults
> >
> > Try to use exec afterstep instead.
>
> afterstep won't start, I tried exec /path/to/afterstep,
> "exec /path/to/afterstep" and 'exec /path/to/afterstep' and the result
> in all three cases was for dtsession to fall back to dtwm.

It doesn't look like this is something that afterstep can do.  It
looks like it's dtsession that's sticking around (do a "ps aux" after
you quit afterstep)  If that's the case, then you you need to convince
dtsession to surrender the login process to afterstep.

Maybe bind a key in afterstep (or menu button, or wharf button, or
whatever) to "killall -9 dtsession"

					-Michael

--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu