Re: Question to the developers

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 17:55:12 +0200

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 10:59:10AM -0400, Julian Catchen wrote:
> Since it has been a while since the web page was updated, what is the
> current state of development of Afterstep and the various modules
> (pager, animate, winlist, wharf, zharf, etc...)?

They are being developed :) In fact, I am trying to keep
everyone up-to-date on the current developments and problems
on my AfterStep page : http://www.tigr.net/afterstep/
You are also welcome to post news and comments there.

> The main reason that I ask this question is to inquire whether any of
> the developers are looking for additional help, and more importantly,
> additional people to work on a particular project or task.

There is always a need for people. As Sasha put it recently
"it may bloody well take until Christmas" for the next
stable release with the speed the development goes now.

> I have been following the development of afterstep since around 1.4 and
> watched it go through many changes.  However, the more complete it looks
> to me, the more serious the development effort seems to get.  So it has
> (to my knowledge) been a while since this inquiry has been made.  Fill
> us in!

You can subscribe to the developers' list and ask Ethan to
suggest some topic for development. The instructions for
subscribing: http://www.tigr.net/afterstep/mail/devel-list.html

PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15