Re: No work on distributed HOME-directories

Frederick Bruckman (fb@enteract.com)
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:14:45 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Ethan wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>
> > Tell me again why the sockets go under the home directory.
>
> Because AfterStep already has a user-owned directory which it can write
> to in the home directory (non-configurable).

It just seems a little inelegant is all. Once the socket goes away
you're left with a directory entry that refers to no actual object.
After experimenting with multiple servers, or lbxproxy, I find I have
a few of those to clean up manually. At least /tmp is expected to get
cluttered: there are ways to deal with that, but no one wants to run a
cron script to delete old files in his _home_ directory.