Re: How can I stop my cursor fron changing positions when I iconify/de-iconify?

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 19:59:54 -0500 (CDT)

--------------705A7E8CB2B37365FDFDF2C8

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Joe Price wrote:

>David Mihm wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Joe Price wrote:
>>
>> >Oh, other thing UPDATE THE NEWS PERIODICALLY ON WWW.AFTERSTEP.ORG!!  I
>> >check there regularly and as far as I knew nothing had happened since
>> >June 9th,
>> >(2 months)
>>
>>         And what type of information/news would you like to see there?>
>>

>At the very least information regarding new snapshots :p
>I've been waiting, and waiting, and nothing is ever shown there, I had to
>join the mailing list to get that info...
>It also might be a turnoff towards future users.
>
>Don't get me wrong, I love Afterstep.

	I understand where you are coming from, and disliked it myself
when the site was out of my control, rarely getting updated and such.  But
I would have to state (the obvious) that the site cannot be updated with
information of a new snapshot if there is no snapshot yet. :)  I also
don't think that posting news of "a snapshot is almost out" would be
appropriate either, as it's not exactly known when this will occur until
it actually happens.  There was a recent snafu with the web site (which is
independent from the ftp site) in that it was moved to a different server
without me being notified.  So I updated the page, on the 31st of July,
with the news of a new snapshot; a couple hours later I noticed the front
page didnt reflect the news I added and sent a mail off to the sys admin
of the site where the web pages are hosted.  A reply arrived within 4
hours informing me of the new server an emphatically apolo,gizing for the
oversight in failing to notify me of the change.  [ They pressumed I used
www.afterstep.org to access the site, when indeed I used the actual real
machine name ].  Thus, one day later and in conjunction with Freshmeat,
information was forthcoming about a new snapshot - that being the latest
of 1.7.126 .   The previous being 1.7.111 on June 9th.

	I wish there was more things to report on in the world of
AfterStep at times, but I can't create news or "brag" about "possible" new
releases/snapshots.  And as always, if a new snpshot is out, it will
_always_ appear on the ftp site; so really, you'll always know when one is
released.

	I replied to this the first time, in hopes that I would get
feedback on something the web site wasn't supplying currently in terms of
news.  And I somewhat suprised by this response.

	Thanks for your input.

--------------705A7E8CB2B37365FDFDF2C8--