Re: root-tail or newer?

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:22:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Rick Giguere wrote:

> Is anyone using something simliar to root-tail??
>
> I would like to run a couple of apps and have them ALWAYS on my root
> window, no matter which desktop I'm on.

1. Get aterm.
2. Modify your database config to remove the titlebar and handles from
   the "root" aterms:

Style "roottail" NoTitle, NoHandles, NoFocus, Sticky, WindowListSkip, StaysOnBack

3. Run any apps you want on the desktop in an aterm with title "roottail"
   (to match the style in step 2), like so:

aterm -tr -T "roottail" +sb -g+0+0 -bg blue4 -cr black -e tail -f /var/log/messages &

HTH

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com