Re: root-tail or newer?

Doug Alcorn (doug@lathi.net)
09 Aug 1999 20:12:53 -0400

Rick Giguere <rick@rifan.com> writes:

> It works with but one problem ...
>
> I'm not actually tailing the logs on this machine.  I need to ssh into
> another machine and run tail on THAT machine.
>
> Everything comes up fine ... except that I have no way to enter keystrokes
> into the root window aterm/ssh in order to log in and start tail.
>

> ...Rick

I know this kindof defeats the purpose of ssh, but you could use expect to
do what you want.  Then launch the expect script on the aterm command line.

expect++

Also, autoexpect will help you write the expect script.  Also, Also, I
use colortail for monitoring several log files in the same aterm.  You
can find source for colortail on fm.
--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn
 oo /  doug@lathi.net