Re: root-tail or newer?

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:14:54 -0500 (CDT)

On 9 Aug 1999, Christian B. Wiik wrote:

>[Rick Giguere <rick@rifan.com>]
>| It works with but one problem ...
>|
>| I'm not actually tailing the logs on this machine.  I need to ssh into
>| another machine and run tail on THAT machine.
>|
>| Everything comes up fine ... except that I have no way to enter keystrokes
>| into the root window aterm/ssh in order to log in and start tail.
>
>"ssh <machine>" in front of the tail...

	This is indeed one method, which will prompt you for info (by
default).  If you have spent some time reading the various neat things
about ssh and it's friends, you can also use ssh-agent to log you in
automagically.  There's no need to use anything like expect or some other
method for unattented operation.

	p.s. the man pages are your friend. :)