Re: root-tail or newer?

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:12:49 +0200

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 05:05:31PM -0400, Rick Giguere wrote:
> It works with but one problem ...
>
> I'm not actually tailing the logs on this machine.  I need to ssh into
> another machine and run tail on THAT machine.
>
> Everything comes up fine ... except that I have no way to enter keystrokes
> into the root window aterm/ssh in order to log in and start tail.

Usually you do not want to do that but if you really insist
you should take out "NoFocus" from the description of aterm
style in the database file. It will look now as:

Style "roottail" NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip, StaysOnBack

> ...Rick
>

> On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Ethan wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Rick Giguere wrote:
> >
> > > Is anyone using something simliar to root-tail??
> > >
> > > I would like to run a couple of apps and have them ALWAYS on my root
> > > window, no matter which desktop I'm on.
> >
> > 1. Get aterm.
> > 2. Modify your database config to remove the titlebar and handles from
> >    the "root" aterms:
> >
> > Style "roottail" NoTitle, NoHandles, NoFocus, Sticky, WindowListSkip, StaysOnBack
> >
> > 3. Run any apps you want on the desktop in an aterm with title "roottail"
> >    (to match the style in step 2), like so:
> >
> > aterm -tr -T "roottail" +sb -g+0+0 -bg blue4 -cr black -e tail -f /var/log/messages &

PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15