Re: Why AS

Derek (dschaibl@protect.ivy.i-n-s.com)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:48:39 -0400

I am currently using the AfterStep out of the box with Red Hat 6.0, I beleive
it is a 1.7.x version, dont know the exact version, but it works wonderfully!!!
I would suggest this version merely because I have experienced none of the bugs
that have been discussed here (I run it on several machines too) with the new
devel patches and upgrades, plus I have all the cool to look at features eg:
verticle title bars, trasparency, etc...  The neat stuff that E kills your
processor with, AS does it at a low cost to utilization and is much easier to
customize.  (E seems to have a nice utility to change the look, very easy to
use, but like windoze, I dont really see how to make it truly unique)

Kudos to the AS devel team!

My $.02
-Derek

ps. I've been using AS since 1.4 days and the version I use now is the best
yet!!!  Don't fear the upgrade!  (Besides, look at the wonderful support you
can get here =)