Re: Why AS

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:40:21 -0400 (EDT)

I second this.  It was utterly irresponsible of RH to ship a development
version as a "working" window manager.

It still is.  A friend of mine here in Hamilton and I had a lengthy e-mail
exchange because one of the 1.7 releases was included as a (default-ish
choice) GNOME wm in RH 6.0.  Nice, if one is already experienced with AS,
or GNOME, or both, but rather a dirty trick to play on a new user who just
wanted to get up & running.

The development releases of AS are unbelievably stable, and it's a tribute
to the developers that these things work so well.  But development
releases are still, after all, development.  Things break in unusual ways.

Anyway, I'll shut up now.

----
Andrew Sullivan | asullivan@sprint.ca (home)| sullivana@bpl.on.ca (work)
                                   *  *  *