Re: No Edgescroll while moving window?

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:08:34 +0200

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 01:04:29PM -0500, David Mihm wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Gerhard Siegesmund wrote:
>
> >Hello all
> >
> >Is it possible to disallow edgescroll while moving a window. I sometimes
> >want to move a window to the top of the screen. With edgescroll it happens
> >that I get to the screen above and thats somehow anoying. :-) TIA
>
> 	EdgeScroll really only affects windows while they are moving.
> According to the well crafted man pages, "... Setting EdgeScroll to 0 0
> will disable scrolling ...."

This is not entirely true. EdgeScroll does not affect the
window movement/resizing across the border of the screen.
The EdgeResistance does. From the same man page:

"Note that with EdgeScroll 0 0, it is still possible
to move or resize windows across the  edge  of  the
current  screen. By setting the pixels parameter of
EdgeResistance to 10000, this  type  of  motion  is
impossible. However, with EdgeResistances less than
10000,  but  greater  than  0,  moving  over  pages
becomes difficult but not impossible."

PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15