Re: problem after aterm upgrade

Michael Stenner (mstenner@phy.duke.edu)
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:01:25 -0400

On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 01:19:39PM -0500, Sasha Vasko wrote:
> >How can I get programs executed via the -e to find my environment
> >variables?

> start is as : aterm -ls -e mutt
> -ls switch tells that it's going to be a login shell, in which case
> it is forcing bash to reread ~/.bashrc

OK, this didn't work.

SEVERAL ISSUES:

1) I think that should force it to read ~/.bash_login

2) It SHOULD be reading environment variable, right?  (if this is a
   bug that has slipped into 0.3.6, that's fine.. these things happen :)

   I'm confused about how it gets the environment variable settings
   that it does.  If I put  "export COLORFGBG='11;default;0'" in
   .bash_login and nothing in .bashrc, and I start an aterm, env shows
   me that COLORFGBG='11;0'.  Where does it get this value?

3) when given the -e argument, aterm does not read .bashrc or
   .bash_login regardless of the -ls arg.  I think that's normal,
   though, judging from the aterm manpage.  (when given "-e mutt", it
   starts mutt _instead of_ the shell)  It wouldn't matter though
   if it read environment variables.

                                        Thanks,
                                         Michael
--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu