Re: non-configurable?

Michael Stenner (mstenner@phy.duke.edu)
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 14:14:37 -0400

On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 12:22:33PM -0500, David Mihm wrote:
> 	I think the biggest problem, is these "software conglomerators",
> like Debian and Red Hat, et. al. , make these changes to the software, to
> "conform" to "their" "standards", and fail to follow the GPL requirements
> of making their modifications available to the people that maintain the
> original software, so that either the original software maintainers can
> make quality improvements or vice versa.

This is not true for Debian, at least.  If you want to download
anything via the web site, you are always offered the original version
and the diffs.  Look at the bottom of
http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/x11/afterstep.html
for example.

					-Michael

--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu