Re: Afterstep menu's

Joe Price (jprice@nevaeh.com)
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:04:30 -0400

--------------3F16D783A6BE75205782F8DE

Lenny Taelman wrote:

> hello list,
>
> since i installed afterstep 1.7.142 i have tjhe following problem: some of
> the (root) menu items dont work, i.e. they dont highlight when the mouse
> moves over it, and nothing happens when they are clicked. i didnt find
> anything that made those menu items different from the others. i didnt
> have this problem with a previous version (dont remember the exact
> version, it wasthe one shipped with redhat 6.0). how do i solve this? did
> anyone else encounter this?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> vriendelijke groeten,
>
> lenny
>
> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/

Are the programs that do not respond installed on your machine?  More
specifically, installed where afterstep looks for them?
Do you know which look/feel your using? Some of them look/feel the way you
described when there is a program on the menu that you do not currently have
installed.

Once you do an "Update All" or and "Update Desktop" it looks for the certain
installed programs.  I don't think it does this by default, you have to do it
yourself.  Which means that at one time all of the buttons would highlite,
and some of them would do nothing when clicked anyway, but the would at least
highlite.

Hope this helps.

--
Joe Price (jprice@nevaeh.com)
Interactive Media Development

--------------3F16D783A6BE75205782F8DE

Lenny Taelman wrote:
of
mouse
did
Are the programs that do not respond installed on your machine?  More
specifically, installed where afterstep looks for them?
way you described when there is a program on the menu that you do not currently
have installed.
certain installed programs.  I don't think it does this by default,
you have to do it yourself.  Which means that at one time all of the
buttons would highlite, and some of them would do nothing when clicked
anyway, but the would at least highlite.
<pre>--
Joe Price (jprice@nevaeh.com)
Interactive Media Development</pre>

--------------3F16D783A6BE75205782F8DE--