Re: Auto and menus

jack (jack@germanium.xtalwind.net)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:47:07 -0400 (EDT)

Today Erik Demaine wrote:

> Maybe this is an unavoidable "feature" but it makes Auto rather unusable...
>
> Try using pulldown menus (e.g., in Netscape, the main menus on top or the
> personal toolbar menus) or popup menus (if that's what they're called--
> what Netscape translates <SELECT>...</SELECT> into) with Auto enabled.
> They disappear after less than a second.  I believe it's the usual timeout
> for when to autoraise a window, although it seems to vary a little.
> The point is that you have extremely little time to select a menu entry--
> you have to be better skilled than I at moving and clicking quick.

Try removing `Auto {time}' from your autoexec and add
`AutoRaise {time}' to your feel file.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null