Re: Auto and menus

jack (jack@germanium.xtalwind.net)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 13:53:55 -0400 (EDT)

Today Erik Demaine wrote:

> Thanks, that works nicely.  (What's the point of an Auto module, then, if it's
> a builtin feature of afterstep? :->)

1.7.x is "under construction".  You'll find all kinds of debris
scattered around.  Some will be reused, some will eventually be
swept away.  Discovering what functionality comes and goes with
each new patch is part of the fun.  :)

Having more than one way to do something is always a Good
Thing[tm].  For example, you can use the WinList module or
WindowList function in a feel file.  Some people like the module
some of us hate it, this way we're all happy.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null