Re: next stable

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:05:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Mitchell Ullman wrote:

>Hey guys.  I was wondering when the next "stable" release was to be made.  I
>would like to find out b/c I am trying to get it used at work, and they want
>"the latest" but don't understand why the development strain is called such...
>lol  So much for middle management!  Thanx guys, and sorry for such a lame
>question! lol
>mitchell

	So don't call it the development "strain". :)  But seriously,
there is no timeline or deadline for the next "stable" release.  The
snapshots are not your typical snapshot, they attempt to be the stable
releases of the development tree.
	On a related note, I'd be interested in knowing what you work uses
as it's window manager now - FVWM or twm would be the only other stable
window manager out there (releases that begine with a 0.x are development,
even though they don't call it so).  If it's CDE, then your entire OS is
not stable. ;)