Re: Solaris 7?

Iwant Afterstep (iwantafterstep@hotmail.com)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:57:43 CET

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 08:32:45 -0500 Michael Stenner wrote:

>Both of these are on the Download page you mentioned:
>
>ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/pub/stable/AfterStep-1.6.10.tar.gz
>or
>ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/devel/snapshots/AfterStep-1.7.142.tar.gz
>
>These are both source packages.  You will need to download one of them and
>unpack it with "tar -xzf AfterStep*"

     Thank you.  I am so ignorant of the Unix/Linux world that I didn't
realize that these were source packages.

>If you go into the newly created directory, there should be
>instructions on how to compile and install afterstep.
>
>I believe that you will only need a C compiler.  If you do not have
>one, you can get gcc from the GNU project.  See www.gnu.org
>
>This should keep you busy for a while.  Good luck :)
>
>                                           -Michael

     Thank you, I'll need it.  This should certainly keep me busy for a
couple of weeks.  I'll get back to you once I've managed to get the C
compiler working and have figured out how to use it to get AfterStep on this
system.  If I manage to do this, I will want to configure AfterStep as well.
  Thanks for now.

                                         Ian