Libraries?

Iwant Afterstep (iwantafterstep@hotmail.com)
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:08:12 CET

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 17:03:03 +0100 Albert Dorofeev wrote:

>The graphics libraries have to be installed before you try
>to compile the afterstep sources. You have to download,
>compile and install the libraries and the headers.

     Where do I find those libraries?  I have tried the links provided at
the afterstep.org site, on the "downloads" page, but I still couldn't find
those libraries.  I couldn't find the libXpm library at
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/libs/X/!INDEX.html
I couldn't find the libjpeg library at ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/
and I couldn't find the libpng library at
http://www.cdrom.com/pub/png/pngcode.html
I have also tried a couple of ftp sites, like ftp.funet.fi, and
ftp.sunet.se, but I haven't found the libraries there either.  I don't doubt
that they are there somewhere, but there are so many directories, and none
of them is named "libraries."  I don't know in which directory I ought to
search.  I would be very grateful for any tips regarding this.

                                            Thank you.

                                               Ian