Re: Libraries?

Scatter Brained (scatterbrained@mailandnews.com)
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:43:48 -0500

Iwant Afterstep wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 17:03:03 +0100 Albert Dorofeev wrote:
>
> >The graphics libraries have to be installed before you try
> >to compile the afterstep sources. You have to download,
> >compile and install the libraries and the headers.
> >

>      Where do I find those libraries?  I have tried the links provided at
> the afterstep.org site, on the "downloads" page, but I still couldn't find
> those libraries.  I couldn't find the libXpm library at
> ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/libs/X/!INDEX.html
> I couldn't find the libjpeg library at ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/
> and I couldn't find the libpng library at
> http://www.cdrom.com/pub/png/pngcode.html
> I have also tried a couple of ftp sites, like ftp.funet.fi, and
> ftp.sunet.se, but I haven't found the libraries there either.  I don't doubt
> that they are there somewhere, but there are so many directories, and none
> of them is named "libraries."  I don't know in which directory I ought to
> search.  I would be very grateful for any tips regarding this.

XPM Library: ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/X/xpm3.4i.tar.gz

JPEG Library: ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz

PNG Library: ftp://swrinde.nde.swri.edu/pub/png/src/libpng-1.0.5.tar.gz

These are all source packages. You will need to compile and install them
before attempting to compile AfterStep.