Re: Libraries?

Iwant Afterstep (iwantafterstep@hotmail.com)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:31:37 CET

Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:43:48 -0500 Scatter Brained wrote:

>XPM Library: ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/X/xpm3.4i.tar.gz
>
>JPEG Library: ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz
>
>PNG Library: ftp://swrinde.nde.swri.edu/pub/png/src/libpng-1.0.5.tar.gz
>
>These are all source packages. You will need to compile and install them
>before attempting to compile AfterStep.

     THANK YOU.  That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for.
I have now downloaded these files, and I will now attempt to try to figure
out how to go about to compile and install them.  That will probably keep me
occupied the rest of this week.  I have never compiled anything, and I don't
even know how to start, but those are obstacles to be overvome, I guess.
Thanks again for the help.

                                           Ian