Re: Some libraries found

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:33:54 +0100

On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 03:38:08PM +0100, Iwant Afterstep wrote:
>      Anyway, I managed to find "local" versions of two of the three
> libraries I should have -- "xpm-3.4k-sol7-intel-local," and
> "jpeg-6b-sol7-intel-local."  These I managed to install (I hope), using the
> pkgadd command.  The "libpng-1.0.5.tar.gz" was more difficult, since I first
> had to download and install a gunzipper before I could gunzip it.  Now it
> turns out that before I can install the png lib I have to install something
> called a "zlib."   Now I am getting worried that it will turn out that
> before I can install the "zlib" I will have to install a "ylib," and that
> before I can install a "ylib" I will have to install an "xlib," and that
> before I can install an "xlib" I will have to install a "wlib" and so on.
> All I really want to do is to install AfterStep.  Oh well, I am off to
> search for "zlib."  Thanks for all help.

No, it won't. But anyway, if you do not have any PNG images
you can just skip it. Jpeg images are good enough. The only
library you really ought to have is Xpm, the rest is optional.

--
Albert Dorofeev (Tigr) - albert at tigr.net - http://www.tigr.net/
PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15