Re: Compiling AfterStep on a Sun

Charlie Schmidt (ishamael@themes.org)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:43:00 -0500

-
i had the same problem a while back, and realized that without any
image libs, no image handling whatsoever in afterstep [not to good]
i just snagged libxpm somewhere and installed it in my home directory,
and pointed ./configure to it.

im not sure why you dont want any image libs in AS, but i suggest
putting -at least- xpm in, as it is a very basic library for many
X applications.

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:37:27 Stephen Williams wrote:
> I am trying to compile AfterStep-1.6-10 on a Sun machine running SunOS
> 5.6.  Deciding that I do not know where the libraries are (and I can
> not become root on this system) I configure with
>
> ./configure --with-xpm=no --with-jpeg=no --with-png=no
> --prefix=/home/les/GNUstep
>
> then I do a make and get an error that saying, "X11/xpm.h no such file or
> directory" (More output included below)
>
> Any sugestions as to what is going wrong?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Below is some output from the computer.
>
> ltsun> uname -ipsrv
> SunOS 5.6 Generic sparc SUNW,Ultra-1
>
> Running confige does not result in an error.
>
> After running make I get large numbers of warning like this one,
>
> /usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h:4162: warning: type defaults to `int' in
> declaration of `XWindowEvent
>
> followed by
>
> /usr/bin/rm -f libafterstep.a
> ar clq libafterstep.a balloon.o catstring3.o copystring.o envvar.o
> findiconfile.o font.o getcolor.o getfdwidth.o  homeanddirs.o hostnao
> ranlib libafterstep.a
> gcc -O2  -Wall  -I/usr/openwin/include     -c loadimg.c
> loadimg.c:19: X11/xpm.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `loadimg.o'
> Current working directory /astdata/les/AfterStep-1.6.10/asimagelib
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
>

> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/

-