Re: Compiling AfterStep on a Sun

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:26:28 +0100

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 11:37:27AM +0000, Stephen Williams wrote:
> I am trying to compile AfterStep-1.6-10 on a Sun machine running SunOS
> 5.6.  Deciding that I do not know where the libraries are (and I can
> not become root on this system) I configure with
>
> ./configure --with-xpm=no --with-jpeg=no --with-png=no
> --prefix=/home/les/GNUstep
>
> then I do a make and get an error that saying, "X11/xpm.h no such file or
> directory" (More output included below)

You cannot get rid of all image handling at all. I would
recommend you leave the libraries in, at least the XPM.
./configure actually detects the libraries on Sun easily
assuming they are installed. If ./configure says it can't
find XPM library you should get one and install it in your
home dir.

> After running make I get large numbers of warning like this one,
>
> /usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h:4162: warning: type defaults to `int' in
> declaration of `XWindowEvent

Never mind this, it is quite normal for some releases
of Xlib.

HTH
Albert

--
Albert Dorofeev (Tigr) - albert at tigr.net - http://www.tigr.net/
PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15