Re: W*ndows 2000

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:12:33 +0100

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 11:36:48AM +0000, James wrote:
> i've seen a beta release of this waste of disk space, and before it crashed
> i noticed the start menu and other menus fade into view (and out of view
> again).

Yep, I 've seen this too. Quite a waste of CPU time, if you
ask me. I do not wonder anymore it spends so long on starting up ...

> How hard would it be to make AS do this?
>
> what'd be quite cool is when you close a window the whole thing fades out of
> view or something.

I think it must be possible. I remember we have windows
fade out or something like that when they loose focus.
I do not know if the code made its way to the mainstream
afterstep though. Anyway, since that was possible, I think
this should be too.

Tigr