Re: Suggestions and bug reports

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 07:54:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Andrew Ferguson wrote:

> Also, the FAQ version provided in the distro is older than the current
> one. I've modified afterstepdoc to point to the new FAQ and downloaded the
> current version, so it *is* possible to update the FAQ in the distro. ;-)

The FAQ that I put up in September was not really an "official" release --
more of a public draft.  There are some errors and dead links in it.  I
received an offer from someone else to take ovver the FAQ, and since I was
doing nothing like an adequate job in keeping up, I figured I could hand
it off.  So, that's why the latest version isn't in the distro.  (When I
mentioned it here, I said that I wouldn't make any patches.)  If someone
wants patches against that FAQ, I can make them, but I'm not sure there'd
be much value in it, because there's hardly anything about 1.7.x versions
in it.

----
Andrew Sullivan | asullivan@sprint.ca (home)| sullivana@bpl.on.ca (work)
                              * * *
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
                                --seen on a t-shirt from NPR