Re: W*ndows 2000

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:36:20 +0100

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 08:17:45AM -0600, Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us wrote:

> >> what'd be quite cool is when you close a window the whole thing fades out of
> >> view or something.
>
> >I think it must be possible. I remember we have windows
> >fade out or something like that when they loose focus.
> >I do not know if the code made its way to the mainstream
> >afterstep though. Anyway, since that was possible, I think
> >this should be too.
>
> I remeber allanon wrote some code to do such things,  we looked at it
> and decided it really was not cool, but rather boring, after couple hours
> of looking at it. Besides there are several problems that connected to that,

If we are talking about personal opnions here I think I rather
dislike the feature. I found that it slows down the menu
browsing quite a lot. You have to wait for the menus to appear
and disappear for about half a second each time.

However, I think that if we wanted people to drop E and go for
AS this would be the decisive blow :)

Tigr