Re: problems with chmod-ing socket

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:41:04 +0100

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 07:41:50AM -0500, Michael Stenner wrote:
> Here in the Duke Physics Dept, we had to change the "chmod 0700" in
> src/afterstep/modules.c to "chmod 4700" in order to get it to work.
>
> I admit that I have no idea what the setuid bit means for a socket,
> but...
>
> We are using sun's NFS, which may be the source of our problems.

I would highly recommend that you change the location
of the pipe to the local filesystem. I did not have any
problems running it over NFS though but I can imagine
there could be. Just place the pipe onto the local disk.

--
Albert Dorofeev (Tigr) - albert at tigr.net - http://www.tigr.net/
PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15