Re: Solaris 7?

Iwant Afterstep (iwantafterstep@hotmail.com)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:22:21 CET

Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:54:55 -0500 (EST) Andrew Sullivan wrote:

>Several people have AS working under Solaris, according to the list and
>from my own mail.  You should be able to compile the source without too
>many problems.  Remember to read any OS-specific READMEs.

     OK.  Where do I find the "source" which I should compile?

     I have searched at the http://www.afterstep.org/Download.shtml page,
but all the versions seem to be for some specific dialect of Linux, or for
Solaris for Sparc (I am using Solaris 7 on an Intel machine).  I have also
looked in the Afterstep org's ftp site, but I couldn't find anything there
either.

     When I attempt to compile this source -- once I have learned where to
get it from, that is -- will I need a C++ compiler?  There is none installed
on this system, so if I need one, I'll have to start by downloading and
installing that.

                              Thank you

                                 Ian