Re: Multiple Dock Apps @ Once

Charlie Schmidt (ishamael@themes.org)
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 06:39:06 -0500

-
most likely the problem is that they all have the same 'Class'
basically the way to fix this is symlink 4 of them with different names
[wmWeather-place, wmWeather-otherplace, etc] and put those names and
executables in the Wharf file for those apps.  this way, the Wharf
will not get confused about which of 5 wmWeather apps to swallow for
the first block.

On Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:17:35 Michael James wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a dockapp folder with 4 or 5 wmWeather apps, each
> showing data from different stations.  When I start afterstep (v 1.6.10) I
> have one show up blank in the wharf and the rest are placed in the root
> window with borders.
>
> Has anyone had any luck setting something similar up? Is there a way to
> get this to work even if the author had not intended it? I'd like to get
> some feedback first rather than bug the author personally, I'm sure he's
> heard it many times before.
>
> Thanks
> 	Michael
> 	http://www.rdrop.com/~mjames