Re: Multiple Dock Apps @ Once

Paul J. Bolle (brutal.truth@home.com)
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:59:28 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Michael James wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a dockapp folder with 4 or 5 wmWeather apps, each
> showing data from different stations.  When I start afterstep (v 1.6.10) I
> have one show up blank in the wharf and the rest are placed in the root
> window with borders.
>
> Has anyone had any luck setting something similar up? Is there a way to
> get this to work even if the author had not intended it? I'd like to get
> some feedback first rather than bug the author personally, I'm sure he's
> heard it many times before.

	Actually, I do the exact same thing myself, and I found the
quickest way to achieve this is roughly the same method one uses to
get multiple Wharfs on your screen...

	Simply find the executable, and make symbolic links under
different names (ie. wmWeather2, etc.). Make the proper references in
your Wharf config, and it should be fine from there. I've run as many
as 6 of these in a Wharf on one of my machines without problems.

	Here's a sample clipping from my Wharf. Hopefully, it'll
illustrate this better than I did... <grin>

*Wharf Ft.McMurray - MaxSwallow "wmWeather" wmWeather -m -kPa -s CYMM &
*Wharf Calgary     - MaxSwallow "wmWeather2" wmWeather2 -m -kPa -s CYYC &
*Wharf Edmonton    - MaxSwallow "wmWeather3" wmWeather3 -m -kPa -s CYEG &
*Wharf Wichita     - MaxSwallow "wmWeather4" wmWeather4 -m -kPa -s KICT &

|  Paul J. Bolle        [Registered Linux User No. 91810]  |
| Linux. Real power for those neither "micro" nor "soft".  |