Re: Changing the X cursor

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:06:29 -0500 (EST)

I don't know that it's really FAQ material; it's the first time I've ever
run into the question, & so doesn't meet the "F" part.

Is there any demand for an "AQ" (pron. "ack!") file?  This could be done
as a FAQ-o-matic, which would be less good than a truly excellent
natural-language search engine on the ML archives, but might be better
than the current grep-based search engine.  With no authority control in
subjects (this is a jargony way of talking about a simple problem: some
say X-Window, some say X, and some say X Windowing System; but we need,
for efficiency we need to index only one of these, and cross-index the
others.  I spend too much time in libraries now, sorry), a browseable
FAQ-o-matic, which is basically a cross-reference to the ML archive, might
be nice.  Is there any reason to try?

----
Andrew Sullivan | asullivan@sprint.ca (home)| sullivana@bpl.on.ca (work)
                              * * *
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
                                --seen on a t-shirt from NPR