Re: Changing the X cursor

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:41:22 +0100

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 08:06:29PM -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> as a FAQ-o-matic, which would be less good than a truly excellent
> natural-language search engine on the ML archives, but might be better
> than the current grep-based search engine.  With no authority control in
> subjects (this is a jargony way of talking about a simple problem: some
> say X-Window, some say X, and some say X Windowing System; but we need,
> for efficiency we need to index only one of these, and cross-index the
> others.  I spend too much time in libraries now, sorry), a browseable
> FAQ-o-matic, which is basically a cross-reference to the ML archive, might
> be nice.  Is there any reason to try?

Yes, the more - the better. I like to think that you should
just throw in things like faqs, mail lists, news pages and all
and then let the natural evolution to take care of what will
survive and what - vanish :)

On the subject of natural language querying the mailing lists:
any suggestions? I was going to move in January to a new server
and run the mailing lists through glimpse (if I ever manage to
get it running there in the first place). Now is the right
time to say if you want to have something else.

--
Albert Dorofeev (Tigr) - albert at tigr.net - http://www.tigr.net/
PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15