Re: big problems running AfterStep-1.7.164 on DU 6.0D

Mark T. Logan (mlogan@ccs.neu.edu)
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 22:02:45 -0500 (EST)

I will be glad to send something to the list about how I compiled it, but
most of the troubles I had were the result of our very non-standard
directory structure at the college where i work.  One of the major
problems was caused because DU has a custom libjpeg in
/usr/shlib.  anyway, suffice it to say it was a major pain in the @$$.

> If it's not too much to ask, could you send a description of what you
> needed to do to get AS to compile on Digital UNIX?  I don't know of anyone
> else who has compiled AS on that platform, and your experiences may be
> of use to anyone who decides to try.

Where can I find the log files?  I will look at them tomorrow.  Basically,
the only error I get when running various modules from the command line is
"segmentation fault" if i remember correctly.  I will try it tomorrow with
gdb.  Thanks for your help.

> A good question.  Do you get any runtime errors on console and/or in log
> files?  AfterStep 1.7.x modules can be run from the command line, so if
> you have gdb and configure AS with --enable-gdb, it should be possible
> to get a backtrace of the program stack at the point of failure:

Cheers,
-Mark