Re: big problems running AfterStep-1.7.164 on DU 6.0D

Mark T. Logan (mlogan@ccs.neu.edu)
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:43:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Ethan wrote:

> There are known problems with putting the socket on remote (read NFS)
> filesystems.  Is one of the directories you are referencing mounted via
> NFS?

The executable is being run from an NFS volume, and in fact, almost
everything it references (config files in $HOME, shared libraries) resides
on an NFS server.  However, our other environment, solaris, has the same
setup, mounting almost everything from NFS, and it works fine.

I noticed some very interesting behavior the other day.  As I said in my
all clicks are registered as the middle mouse button.  After a little
experimentation, I found that by clicking any mouse button, the window
list menu would of course appear, and I could drag it around the
screen.  However, as it dragged, it was clear that the (x,y) coordinates
of the mouse were being inverted to (y,x).  i.e. if i dragged the mouse
up, the menu went to the side.

Could this be an endian-ness issue?  I suppose you probably check for
endian-ness during configure, but it's the only thing i can think of that
might do this.

Cheers,
-Mark