Re: TEST: Has the list died again?

T. Tilton (tilton@servercom.com)
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:12:20 +0000

Hello all,

I posted this late last night but come this morning see that I
only replied to Andrew (so my apologizes to Andrew for having
to see it a second time) so I am (re)sending it to the list.

Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 08:53:13PM -0500, charlie schmidt wrote:
>
> > on a more serious note tho, 1.8 is nearing release, so please please
> > send bug reports, last minute ideas, and so forth. PLEASE.

I haven't seen this idea mentioned before so here goes.  It would be
nice
if there was someway to know which "feel", "look", "picture"..etc is
currently selected/chosen.
How it is emphasized in the menu doesn't really matter but a way to tell
would be great.  (Might be more trouble than it is worth, I don't know.)

> Some weeks ago, I posted a report of being unable to compile AS 1.7.142
with
> all patches (= 1.7.164) on my Debian 2.2 box.  I included the output that
> thought relevant.  I wondered if this was unique to me, or if anyone else
> has had similar ptoblems.  I haven't heard anything, so I presume no-one
> else is running into this (which makes me figure I have a local problem).
>
> Thanks,

I applied patches 21 and 22 to 1.7.142_pl20 (1.7.162) and recompiled.  I
got
this error;

make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/src/AfterStep-1.7.142/src/Animate'
gcc -O2  -Wall  -I/usr/X11R6/include     -c Animate.c
Animate.c:41: ../../include/menus.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [Animate.o] Error 1

I also had some funny stuff going on after running with this binary.
Netscape
would seg fault.  I didn't play around much but downloaded the 1.7.164
tarball and
compiled/installed it.  Everything is fine with this and I am running it
with
all my applets...etc that I had on 1.7.162.

I have 2.2.13 kernel running on a Debian distro and everything seems to
be
copesetic.

T. Tilton