Re[2]: AfterStep for two users?

dschaible@balmar.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 09:36:59 -0500

> Since I can't reach any way to give commands I see no alternative at
> this stage but to use to power button to turn off the computer.  This is
> less than completely satisfactory

     _There's_ an understatement!  Usually, by the way, you can recover
     from the situation you're describing by hitting Ctl-Alt-backspace.

 Correct me if I'm wrong pls! but if you have the don't zap command in your
 XF86Config file and Ctl-Alt-BKSP dosen't work you can also do Ctl-z to
 throw X in the background and regain control of your console, or even
 Ctl-Alt-F2 and log into a new term as root and shutdown nicely :=)

 - Derek