Re: yet another test (tm)

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:59:00 -0800 (PST)

X-as-users-dont-resend

On 4 Jan 2000, Oystein Viggen wrote:

> Ethan wrote:
>
> > Anybody willing to test the latest devel (with patches!) and send bug
> > reports?  We're thinking about going to 1.8, but we need testing first!
>
> If somebody could be bothered to put a .tar.gz of the latest version on
> ftp.afterstep.org, I'd be happy to try it. Even with alien and rpm2tgz
> rpms in Slackware are still a pain.

David Mihm (who, btw, does an awesome job!) runs our ftp site, and he
won't be back until the 9th.  In the meantime, the following will patch
142 to 161:

$ ftp ftp.afterstep.org
> cd devel/snapshots
> get AfterStep-1.7.142.tar.gz
> cd ../patches
> mget 1.7.142-*
> quit
$ tar xzf AfterStep-1.7.142.tar.gz
$ cd AfterStep-1.7.142
$ gzip -dc ../1.7.142-*.patch.gz | patch -p1

Some systems do not have GNU tar, and may need to use:

gzip -dc AfterStep-1.7.142.tar.gz | tar xf -

... in place of the tar command above.  Some systems may also have an old
or incompatible version of patch.  GNU patch-2.5 is available at:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/patch/patch-2.5.tar.gz

Thanks to anybody who tests.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com