Re: AfterStep for two users?

Iwant Afterstep (iwantafterstep@hotmail.com)
Wed, 05 Jan 2000 14:09:07 CET

X-as-users-dont-resend

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, James wrote:

>did you install AS in a user's home directory (i.e not as root). If so
>instead
>of going through all that again i'd become root (or if you yourself
>are just another user, talk to your sysadmin) and install AS properly so
>anyone
>can use it just by setting up their own GNUStep directory.

     I installed AfterStep in a user's home directory.  This is the only way
I know how to do it.  The only reason I didn't install it properly is
ignorance on my part.  I thought this was the proper way to install it.  How
should I install it?  If I should not install it in an ordinary user's home
directory I guess I shouldn't install it in the ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep
directory, the way I have been told to do, but at the same time I guess I
shouldn't install it in the /usr/X11R6/share/afterstep directory, where it
is installed by default in Linux Mandrake -- so in what directory should I
install it, and how should I go about to give several users access to it?
The computer is my own, so there is no sysadmin to talk to. :)

                            Thank you for your help