Re: Upgrade report, 1.7.111 -> 1.7.161

sasha (sasha@sprintmail.com)
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 22:07:35 -0600

On Wed, 05 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> X-as-users-dont-resend
>
> Hello,
>
> Here's a report of upgrading from 1.7.111 -> 1.7.161.
>
> Ethan <allanon@crystaltokyo.com> wrote on Tue, 04 Jan 2000:
> > Thanks to anybody who tests.
>
> Ok, got AS version 1.7.142, patched up to 1.7.161 (with some problems,
> patch exited with "hunk out of order" error? -- it didn't say that when
> I did the patches each separately though).  Compiled, installed.
>
> So far, so good.
>
> Only problem I ran into was that my background image failed to load.
> Not really a problem, but I also ended up having the AS banner in the
> middle of my first aterm's background (which is transparent)!  It looked
> kind of cool at first, but I wanted to get rid of soon enough. :-)

check that you have asetroot in your autoexec.

I don't know what version you were using before, but starting with 1.7.127 (I
may be wrong) - asetroot is the only tool that you can use to setup root
background.
funky effect that you noticed in aterm is normal when you don't have root
background and many windows gets opened at the same time.

> Regards,
> Mikko

Sasha Vasko