Re:1.7.161 report

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 14:08:47 -0600

>nitpicks. ;-P    The errors below are what get directed to stderr, I
>don't really see any functional problems.
>1) Upon closing any Wharf, I get a lot of X errors: viz.
>
>X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  4 (X_DestroyWindow)
>  Resource id in failed request:  0x4400001
>  Serial number of failed request:  1501
>  Current serial number in output stream:  1504

Just ignore those.
The reason is that Wharf does not kill swallowed app when it exits - it
merely reparents it back to root.
I still do not understand exact mechanics behind this errors, so I may
get bored, and try different things and maybe fix it one day :)

>2) Another Wharf issue is that the _first_ Wharf started in a session
>reports several X Errors (Actually 1 per swallowed app, I believe):
>XWharf: X Error
>        Request 2, Error 3 0, Type: 0

Do you have transparent Wharf ??
If so then you have to start it AFTER asetroot

>-Don
Sasha