Re:1.7.161 report

Donald A. Peterson (donald@nd.edu)
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:19:51 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us wrote:

>>1) Upon closing any Wharf, I get a lot of X errors: viz.
>>
>>X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>
>Just ignore those.

Done :)

>>2) Another Wharf issue is that the _first_ Wharf started in a session
>>reports several X Errors (Actually 1 per swallowed app, I believe):
>>XWharf: X Error
>>        Request 2, Error 3 0, Type: 0
>
>Do you have transparent Wharf ??
>If so then you have to start it AFTER asetroot

Ahhh sooo.  Well, indeed I have a transparent Wharf, and the error
messages only appear when I start it with transparency.  However, I have
the same problem upon a restart.  I don't spawn Wharf on restart, yet I
_do_ respawn asetroot.  Then start Wharf from menu if desired.  The error
occurs then as well.

As long as it's not a real bug, I'm happy...hell I'm happy anyway.  You've
really done a fine job of programming this beast.  (That goes for the
whole development team.)

-Don