Re: Problem with 'auto' module

David Mihm (dmihm@rchitecture.com)
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:52:34 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Didier wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Whenever i use the 'auto' module, the one which brings windows to top,
>(which i find rather cool btw), i can no more use menus in Netscape or
>Kde-apps, they appear and then disappear half a second later, so i can't
>make anything left with these apps. I 've got to restart Afterstep to
>get rid of this annoying 'feature ;-).
>
>What am i missing ? I remember having the same behaviour if i put the
>'autoraise' statement in my feel file (which derives from the 'PureNext'
>feel).
>
>Oh, i'm running Afterstep version 1.7.169 from the rpm found on
>ftp.afterstep.org.

	You should not use the Auto module at all, it is depreciated and
replaced by the 'AutoRaise #' line in your feel file.  Use of the entry in
your feel file will resolve the Netscape and oter pop-up window problems.
** This assumes you have _not_ double/triple clicked or somehow put the
window in question on the top layer.**

HTH
|     dmihm  @  rchitecture.com                reboot universe(y,n)? |
|     dmihm  @  swbell.net                                           |