Re: Only one Pager?

charlie schmidt (ishamael@themes.org)
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 06:44:18 -0500 (EST)

-
hehe, you dont edit the base file.
edit the "pager" file [if this does not exist in
~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/ you can copy it from
/usr/local/share/afterstep/]. do NOT edit files in non-configurable/.

in the pager file, find "*PagerColumns", and change it to "1"
to remove the labels, change "*PagerFont" to "none"

you will also need to edit your autoexec or wharf file [depending on
whether you just start Pager, or have it swallowed in Wharf], so
that Pager is called with "Pager 0 0" [Pager x y, where x is the first
desk, y is the last desk] therefore displaying 1 desk.

if you want to change the actual number of views for each desk, this is
indeed the "base.#bpp" where # is your colordepth.  to find out what
depth you are running at, use "xdpyinfo | grep depths"

if the base.#bpp file does not exist in ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep, again
copy it from /usr/local/share/afterstep/.

i will point out that this question is discussed in the FAQ at
http://afterstep.davidv.net/

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Iwant Afterstep wrote:

>      Four Pagers is three more than I need.  I would like to get rid of the
> ?WWW,? the ?Mail,? and the ?Games? Pagers, and leave only the ?Work? Pager
> -- but I would like to get rid of the label "Work" as well, if possible,
> leaving only the basic Pager itself, without any label.  As far as I
> understand, I am supposed to configure a file called "base.#bpp" in some
> manner.  The problem is that one of my users using AfterStep has six files
> with that name in his home directory, and another user using AfterStep has
> NO files by that name in his directory.
>
>      It seems unlikely that I should have to modify six different files just
> to get rid of the extra Pagers, so which one is it?  And for the user
> without a "base.#bpp" file, how do I get rid of the extra Pagers for him?
> All he has in his ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep library is a directory named
> "non-configurable," and there is no file named "base.#bpp" in that directory
> either.  I am grateful for all help.   /Ian

-
charlie schmidt         ishamael@themes.org
http://as.themes.org	http://afterstep.davidv.net
as.t.o project manager	AfterStep FAQ