Re: Only one Pager?

Frederick Bruckman (fb@enteract.com)
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 05:58:49 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Iwant Afterstep wrote:

>      Four Pagers is three more than I need.  I would like to get rid of the
> ?WWW,? the ?Mail,? and the ?Games? Pagers, and leave only the ?Work? Pager
> -- but I would like to get rid of the label "Work" as well, if possible,
> leaving only the basic Pager itself, without any label.  As far as I
> understand, I am supposed to configure a file called "base.#bpp" in some
> manner.  The problem is that one of my users using AfterStep has six files
> with that name in his home directory, and another user using AfterStep has
> NO files by that name in his directory.
>
>      It seems unlikely that I should have to modify six different files just
> to get rid of the extra Pagers, so which one is it?  And for the user
> without a "base.#bpp" file, how do I get rid of the extra Pagers for him?
> All he has in his ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep library is a directory named
> "non-configurable," and there is no file named "base.#bpp" in that directory
> either.  I am grateful for all help.   /Ian

Actually, the base.##bpp set paths for Icon files, so you don't need
to touch those unless you want to use non-standard icons. The Pager
config file is called "pager". Tell your users to copy the system
/usr/X11R6/share/afterstep/pager to ~/G/L/A/ and edit it--the syntax
is self-explanatory, then to kill and restart the Pager from the
"Modules" menu.