Re: [Announcement] 1.8.0, the new STABLE!

Frederick Bruckman (fb@enteract.com)
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 01:29:14 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, David Mihm wrote:

> 	The stable source code is on the web site, no binaries are
> available - I haven't heard back from any of the people that made the
> 1.6.0 binaries (hmmm).

I've just uploaded a NetBSD-i386-1.4.1 binary package to

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.4.1/i386/All/afterstep-1.8.0.tgz

The package system harness can be viewed at

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/x11/afterstep/README.html

Expect links to binary packages for many of NetBSD's other 31
supported architectures to appear there, as NetBSD-1.4.2 is cut and
built, and the packages are built, all within the next few weeks. It
looks like Afterstep-1.8.0 came out just in time for NetBSD-1.4.2.

For more information on NetBSD, and the NetBSD package system, see the
NetBSD web site,

http://www.netbsd.org/
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html