Re: bgr_mode for lame X servers

Frederick Bruckman (fb@enteract.com)
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:15:39 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Ethan wrote:

> On 15 Feb 2000, Doug Alcorn wrote:
>
> > What is the status of the bgr_mode problem?  I know that the WRQ
> > Reflection X server and the Hummingbird X server (both notably PC X
> > servers) both reverse the color mask.  I have heard rumors that the
> > Solaris X server also does this.
>
> Have you tested AS 1.8.0 for BGR mode problems?  1.8.0 seems to work
> well with OmniX (another Windows X server).

FWIW, these gradients look different on NetBSD/i386 than on
NetBSD/mac68k. The _colors_ are OK, but the gradients, designed by
trial and error to be shades of metalic gold and copper on the mac68k,
look purple on the i386. Similarly for the Pager and Wharf gradients.
Wish I could figure out how to get the gold back. :-(

MyStyle "focused_window_style"
  Inherit       window_font
  ForeColor     mistyrose
  BackColor     gray11